Slightly feeling emotional due to leaving a wonderful
country where I saw God in so many ways and headed for one where it is hard for
me to see God working. So I’m sitting on
the plane right now, worrying about everything that is stressful in my life
right now. So many decisions to make;
decisions that aren’t exactly easy. At
times I feel so betrayed it’s almost overwhelming. And for a brief moment I just began feeling
that way again.
Thousands of miles up in the air, leaving a country which
should have left me on a Christian high—I let Satan back into my head. Granted I don’t think I have ever completely
blocked him out, but then again who can.
Satan was even able to get in the head of Jesus’ when he tempted Him in
the wilderness. Yet Jesus didn’t let
Satan’s words get to him. I still let
them get to me. I let them get to me
today, and on this plane.
When I left the airport it was raining. I felt like it accurately reflected my
attitude and feelings. The plane flew
higher, as I was still letting thins stir in my mind. And what do you know, a break in the clouds,
sunshine, and a rainbow. I was thinking
awful thoughts and all of a sudden I looked back out and that rainbow was like
a slap in the face (although I know God wouldn’t hit a girl! HA). I thanked God at once for reminding me that
he is here with me. He has made a promise
to me. He has made a promise to
everyone.
We may have rainy times in our lives, but they will not last
forever. God always prevails; the rain
always comes to an end. Although I tend
to still have trying times within myself, I feel the storm ceasing. The clouds are parting, the rainbow is there,
and I know I will be ok soon.
On to the next topic on my mind. Social media is so annoying! People use it like it’s going out of
style—like the world will end tomorrow.
Actually, its not only social media I find annoying but technology as
well (well some of it). It has warped
and reshaped human relationships and how people relate with each other. We no longer keep meaningful relationships
with each other. Less face-to-face
talking, even less phone calls. Less
regard for feelings because we are so out of touch with human emotions. Less human interaction leads to less regard
for human emotion. At least that is what
I have decided. It’s like people forget
that there is a person connected to that name on the screen. Sometimes I wish all of social media and
technology would fail to see how people would really act and interact with each
other. Would we be able to make it? Could we sustain the direct and forced
face-to-face contact? Sometimes I wish I
could have lived in older times. I feel
like people were more respectful and thoughtful then compared to today. Technology and communicating through a screen
has made us callous.
And on that note, I think my computer is about to die
soon. Last thoughts I can leave you with
today include seeking God in everything, recognizing His presence in your life,
and remembering that He loves you and has made a promise to protect you. Additional thoughts include being intentional
with people and your relationships, and being respectful of other’s
point-of-views, feelings, and emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment